Monday, January 3, 2011

I ran a 5K today!

My husband and I are training for a marathon in November and we signed up for a 15K at the begining of march soooooooo I better start running : )
Today I ran a 5K. I put on these new running pants (there's really nothing new about them, I bought them used - like most of my other clothing items) and I felt so cool in them that running was a breeze. I bought this book called "Marathon, you can do it" and in it the writer explains that at certain times during the race you should "pull out" some magic tricks to help you keep runing and this could be anything: from imaginary birds that carry you in their wings, to magic tennis shoes with special powers. So for my run today I used as my magic trick my "new" running pants!
Today I was able to help one of Jay's friends. I did some service. She needed a ride from the airport back to her house. So I drove for almost 2 hours to help her. It wasn't convenient, and at first when Jay asked me to help her with this I thought: I'll do it... but... I'm not thrilled about it.
Well, then I got thinking and... I've asked the Lord to use me as an instrument, I've asked Him to give me opportunities to serve and help others. Now He is giving those to me. And I realised that it's when I serve at times that are not convenient that I really prove to Him that I am willing to help others. So, I got this good feeling inside of me and asked for forgiveness to the Lord for not being very excited about helping at first.
I know that true service comes when it isn't easy or convenient.
For dinner we had vegetarian lasagna (so yummy).
I didn't eat anything with sugar today and I didn't eat after 8pm. BUT I did eat too many "sugarless" (yet very sweet) cookies - and I'm not happy about that.
I really want to eat only things that are good for me and that don't make me regret eating them. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm working on it. Heavenly Father is helping me.
We also had FHE. We talked about Jesus' birthday - Christmas.
Life is good. Heavenly Father is the BEST! I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment