Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mormon and Vegetarian : )

Yes, that's what I am : ) and I'm not alone... there's plenty more LDS out there who have come to the realization that for them, abstaining from meat is the right thing.
I've read so much on the subject that it's hard to explain it all here... there's no way I can write, summarize and give reference to everything I've read and studied in the past on this subject.
It's the right thing for me. It is!
The following if taken from a blog I found:

by Ezra Taft Benson and is found in "Tambuli" March, 1987. The article is entitled, "Do Not Despair." And this is what he has to say about health is the article. "The condition of the physical body can affect the spirit. That's why the Lord gave us the Word of Wisdom. He also said that we should retire to our beds early and arise early, that we should not run faster than we have strength, and that we should use moderation in all good things. In general, the more food we eat in its natural state-- the less refined, and the fewer additives it contains-- the healthier it will be for us. Food can affect the mind, and deficiencies in certain elements in the body can promote mental depression. A good physical examination periodically is a safeguard and may spot problems that can be remedied. Rest and physical exercise are essential, and a walk in the fresh air can refresh the spirit. Wholesome recreation is part of our religion and is a necessary change of pace; even its anticipation can lift the spirit."


I was very glad this woman had the time to do the research for me. I found it very interesting and only served to support my position on the WoW. I also loved that President Benson used the word "good".....moderation in all GOOD things. So this phrase cannot be used as justification to continue doing something less than good. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment