Saturday, October 15, 2011

why I did the 21 day Raw challenge & 7th Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE FULL WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy and thankful for personal revelation...
You know, I was soooo close to paying money for an online program that would help me "be" raw for 21 days. The program promised to help you succeed by having you focus on something spiritual every day, send you recipes (and a grocery list), and send you daily workouts.
I prayed about it and then it came to me:
1-I have my B. M., Gen. Conf. talks, etc that I should be studying daily. Remember that quote:
"the study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." (in Conference Report, Oct. 1986, 20, or Ensign, Nov. 1986, 17).  I need to spend more time reading MY scriptures, rather than "men's philosophies.
2-I already have 100s of recipes for delicious raw food (plus, there's the Internet!!!).  I don't need to pay for someone to email me more.
3- and I teach boot camp and zumba classes (there's my workout).
I don't need to pay anyone to help me "be" raw.

So, today is the 7th day 100% raw for me. I'm feeling well. I'm still waiting for the extra energy that should come from eating live foods... and I'm sure it will come in time.
I've known about raw food for about 5 years now and this is the FIRST time I've done it 100% for this long. One tip that helped me (I actually think it has made all the difference) was - "it's easier to go 100% raw than 80% or 90%."  I never really understood how that could be, until I tried it. And, it's true! It's just AMAZING to me how I haven't felt deprived, I haven't craved anything cooked!!!!! For real!!!
I can't believe how something as simple as not putting anything cooked in my mouth as made all the difference. And I'm even cooking a few things for my husband and children...

Anyway, what have I eaten today?
I've had lemonade with grade B maple syrup and cayenne, some dehydrated pineapple (yummy), some flax crackers (that I made and they are SOOOOOOOOOOOO TASTY!!!! the fact that they came out OK makes me so happy!!!), we went to a Raw Restaurant in Tempe (first time ever to eat at a raw restaurant) and I got cheese cake, onion bread sandwich, cinnamon rolls - all raw.  I have also been drinking lots of water.


Heavenly Father - I love you. Thank you for loving me!



Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment