Monday, October 10, 2011

Raw for 21 days!!!!!!!

So, I finally decided to really try the raw diet 100% for 21 days.
I've tried it for a couple of days before, and in general I eat pretty healthy, my kids eat about 70% raw, and my husband has never opposed my "crazy" juice fast attempts, or my raw recipes experiments...

I've had a problem with my foot for almost a year now. Everything was fine until I started running, teaching Zumba and exercising daily. At first it was plantar fasciitis, then I thought I had a fracture, some podiatrists wanted to give me some cortisone shots, I bought several different insert (shoe soles) and other stuff, I also massaged my foot every night with ice and with essential oils, but nothing was making it feel better. I gave it some rest, and it would feel a bit better, but as soon as I went back to exercising the pain would come back. In Portugal I saw a podiatrist, took X-rays and we found out I have a bone spur on my heel. That doctor said that with the new inserts he made me buy, the pain and inflamation would go away in 3 weeks or less and I would be back to normal... well, it's been about 2 months and it's still not normal!!!!
So, I'm hoping that by eating raw for at least 21 days, I'll be giving my body a chance to heal itself.
We'll see if raw food passes the test, and if I pass the raw food test : )
Beijijnhos

No comments:

Post a Comment