Thursday, December 30, 2010

Feeling bummed

So... I had a good day... it actually snowed in Mesa AZ!!!! Well, it snowed for 3 minutes... that was it, but it was very, very cold. Work went well, Gabi respected quiet time, Tiago too a nap, Jay helped the Bartons and I taught a very energetic and fun Zumba class. After work I used a $10 coupon that a friend gave me to buy a game for G and a book for T. It was a good day but then I came home and heard a message on my phone from an old roommate asking me if she was going to see me at another roommate's wedding reception.... Now, this was the first time I was hearing about this roommate even being engaged, or getting married. So, I'm bummed, sad, disappointed.... I thought we were friends... We lived together for a long time, and yeah we haven't stayed in touch in the last few years... but you would think she would remember to send me an announcement? Right? Wrong.
It's like the friend that we've had living w/ us for the last 6 months for free - she was my roommate, she's living w/ me for free, she gets engaged and our other roommate, who lives in a different state finds out about the engagement before I do : (
Oh well, that's life, that's friends, that's this world.
I get it - we can't be important in everyone else's life.
In the GC talk that I read this morning E. Packard says that you need to rely on the Lord for your personal revelation and that if you rely on a priesthood holder you will be disappointed time and time again. Humans will always disappoint you, sooner or later.
God wont.
I will not always understand His plan for me and those around me, so at times I may feel disappointed with occurances in life, but as soon as I have the understanding it takes to look at life with unshakable faith then I understand God's actions/deeds and I won't be disappointed anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment