Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sometimes it's easy, but then, sometimes it's hard

So I used to tell myself over and over again that if I got pregnant I would for sure go 100% raw because that would be the best for the baby and for my own body, of course. I kept thinking that having a new being being formed inside of me would be THE BEST motivator to eating healthy all the time, and whenever I would attempt to eat raw but would later fail I just always rationalized that I wasn't motivated enough to do this if it was just for me, BUT if there was another life involved (baby) that I could do it.
Well, I am pregnant! : )
And I have been eating mostly raw fruits. Sometimes it's really easy to eat healthy and to leave aside all the junk that has no nutritional value, however, sometimes it's hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been feeling nausea and lots of times nothing, I mean nothing feels appealing to me. The problem is that if I don't eat then I feel weak and then when I do get super hungry I want high caloric foods - and unfortunately, we all know that fruits and vegetables are very low on calories.
There are days when I eat all fruit in the morning and then some vegetables for lunch, but by the time dinner comes around I WANT SOMETHING COOKED!!!
Plus, I think that one factor that is making it hard for me to want to eat all raw is that fact that it's cold! I get cold very easily and fruit or salads are not appealing because thy do not warm me up.
I'm still eating a vegan diet (except for the *&*^%^%$# pizza hut that I had the other day - I was craving it like crazy!!! And the four pieces of beef I had today from Panda!)
Man, sometimes I think I'm a failure. But I know I shouldn't think like that. After all I am taking better care of my body than most people, and I know that it's not Heavenly Father's way of thinking. Satan is the one that wants me to think that it's either all or nothing and if I make any types of mistakes I'm a looser.
I will just keep making good choices about the food I eat, and I will love my body, my spirit and my soul. The things I do well - I will celebrate, and the things I don't do as well - I will work on improving.

Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment