Sunday, December 4, 2011

Just thankful for Jay

I am just thankful for the simple things in life. I am thankful for my husband. He's the best looking guy I know, and we just work well together. I'm thankful that he has a really good sense of humor and mostly laughs when I'm cranky or emotional. We have a very normal life together. Our love for each other doesn't have much to do with "Hollywood love". We don't eat eachother's face (kissing) after spending some time apart - we would rather hug tightly and show a much more tender type of love, versus the extremely physical type of love Hollywood promotes. Jay doesn't always have the most eloquent, breathless phrases to share with me, but he does tell me he loves me in a simple, direct way, numerous times a day!
I am nothing but myself around him. I guess I could say I'm 'raw' around him : )
I am inlove with him, and I want to not only grow old with Jay but I also want to grow wise and enjoy the eternities with him.
Jay isn't perfect, I am not perfect AND we are not perfect together. But that's OK.
I am so thankful to have Jay in my life. He is a blessing. I know he helps me be a better person, I know he loves his Savior and his Father in Heaven, and I think he is truly the best Papa Gabi and Tiago could have.
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am home again
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am whole again

whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am young again
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am fun again

however far away
i will always love you
however long i stay
i will always love you
whatever words i say
i will always love you
i will always love you

whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am free again
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am clean again

however far away
i will always love you
however long i stay
i will always love you
whatever words i say
i will always love you
i will always love you

1 comment:

  1. This is precious :) I think your get-together story is one of my all-time faves. Cute couple alert!

    PS
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cure.

    ReplyDelete