Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Raw Food Diet Trial

Nice : )
So far so good. I decided to eat raw for 10 days, and after those 10 initial days to see how I am feeling and then decide whether to continue for another 20 days or not (making the trial be for possibly one month). Oh, I must point out that my goal is not to eat 100% raw. I want to eat everything during the day raw with the exception for dinner, when I want to have the choice to either eat raw or join my family in a cooked vegan dinner.
Yesterday went great. I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help me (especially with my addiction to sugar) and I can tell that I received help from on high. I felt great and slept very well at night (something rare for me, as I suffer from insomnia). So, what did I eat?
- green smoothie in the morning (banana, lots of spinach, orange and a little bit of pineapple juice)
- an orange for snack
- for lunch I ate 4 DELICIOUS raw tacos ( sprouted walnuts, a bit of red onion, green and black olives, cumin, cayenne pepper all ground up in a mini blender and then divided between 4 lettuce leafs)
- a handful of Gobi berries for snack
- a vegan cooked dinner (potatoes, carrots, corn, and tomatoes baked in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and herbs)
So yeah, I ate all of this, and had energy to workout (strenght training) and slept very well.
This morning I had my green smoothie for breakfast and did a boot camp exercise class.
So far I'm not craving any cooked food badly BUT this is only the beginning and I'm aware of that.
This evening I am teaching 2 Zumba classes (at Curves and at the East Valley Y) so I may need to eat more calories... we'll see.
Just a side note: my skin isn't looking very good. Hopefully this trial will help me detox and my skin will improve as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment