Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crying during Mediation

This morning, after taking Gabi and Tiago to school, I felt drawn to meditate. I have recorded on my computer a simple 8 minute long meditation to which I have added another8 minutes of my own meditation script - my own affirmations, recorded with my voice!
I closed my eyes and started taking deep breaths, my eyes closed, my feet supported by the floor and my fingers in 'meditation pose'
Then a beautiful thing happened - I started crying... at first it was just tear running down my cheeks, it then turned into a stronger, more sobbing like cry. There were all these emotions bottled up inside of me and I was giving them the opportunity to come out, to be felt, heard, dealt with. It's not that I was feeling sad, I'm not even sure if I can put a name/tag on the emotions that were coming out... it wasn't unpleasant, or hard. It was actually so freeing. At the moment I feel like I'm a few pounds lighter (emotional pounds :)
During my meditation I envisioned myself in a field of pure, good, warm white light. My whole body had that light too. Then I saw my Savior. We hugged... I kept giving Him more and more hugs, and He was OK with it and just hugged me back. We smiled, talked, and just sat on this green field with the sun warming our bodies. During my meditation whenever I felt like it I just hugged Him again. I had feelings of happiness and peace, yet tears kept rolling down my cheeks (and I did nothing to prevent them from rolling down my face, I felt safe and new it was ok to let all that emotion come out and express itself).
Some of the affirmation in my meditation are:
I trust. I am safe.
I forgive myself. I love and accept my body. I love and accept my life.
I have power. Power to create my ideal healthy body and my ideal happy life.
I am worthy. I am deserving and worthy of my ideal body and my ideal life.
I am ridiculously Happy.
I radiate love.
It was so, so good to visualise myself next to my Savior. He was there with me. He had all the time in the world to just sit with me, He let me hug Him over and over again. I felt so much love from Him and I expressed so much gratitude to Him.
Wow, what a special meditation time this morning. I will definitely keep making the time to meditate, to allow emotions and feelings to express themselves, and to plant seeds of positive thinking in my brain. Seeds of love, trust, peace, and happiness.

Love always,
Sofia


No comments:

Post a Comment