Friday, March 1, 2013

Allow

My husband sent me this email today:
Faith is one of the keys to living a life filled with peace and joy.
Being connected spiritually will help you to have faith, which is
believing in that which is unseen.

The Bible states “ask and you will receive.” Abraham-Hicks teachings
point out a middle but very important step in this process:

1. Ask,
2. Allow, and
3. Receive.

Allow means: have a little patience in life for goodness sakes! If you
plant a seed and go digging it up, you are messing up the allowing
step. A seed needs to be nurtured and cared for before it’ll break
through the ground and start to grow. There is a gestation period for
all dreams. Some refer to this as the Law of Gestation, which is
saying allow things to come into being.

This is the key to faith. It really is having trust and patience that
the outcome you desire will come to pass. Faith gives you what you
need while you wait for the seeds of your dreams to break through.


So many times I ask... ask... ask... and get disappointed and sad because I don't see an immediate answer. I look around and notice how so many people have this or that (which I don't have) and I want it. I forget that these people very likely had to ask, work for it, allow, and later received it.
Lesson for Sofia - Life is not about immediate gratification, instant success, spontaneous results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment