Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Very well put

  • I read this on a blog called Disease Proof and LOVED IT ! It is exactly what I've been going through, and what I've been learning concerning food addiction and concerning staying as far away as possible from the food that  equals trouble for you. Being 100% obedient is easier than being 99%.
  •  
  • How closely do I really have to follow my eating plan/abstinence plan?” 
  • How many times a month can I cheat and still have success?
  • I’m not hard core, but I follow the plan about 85% of the time; that’s good enough, isn’t it?”   
Of which my classic answer to all three questions is, “It all depends on how hard you want to make it on yourself.” 

It’s much easier and simpler to give 100% right from the beginning and keep the pilot light of addictive cravings extinguished, than to be continually fighting obsessive compulsions that are brewing beneath the surface. Been there. Done that. And it’s hard, hard work to keep cravings from becoming an all-consuming monster. In fact, it’s exhausting because it’s a next-to-impossible feat to accomplish!

Plus, it only takes the tiniest spark to ignite the pilot light of cravings to full power again, and that’s THE most dangerous place to live! 
One can do all the work of routinely preparing and eating high-nutrient foods, and get the majority of one’s health restored; but it may only take an emergency phone call, or a sudden traumatic event, or a stress-filled day with the kids to instantly ignite the raging flame of addiction.  
It’s just not worth it. 
Give yourself a break today and make life so much easier.
Give 100% and extinguish the pilot light!     

The willful decision to see how much one can cheat and get by; how much one can straddle the fence, or how much one can habitually overeat . . . . and still keep the addiction eradicated . . . . that’s what I'm referring to as being the next-to-impossible feat to accomplish.

It can't be done!

I repeat ~ it can't be done.

With repetitive compromises, the addictive cravings are rumbling beneath the surface, and it just takes a tiny spark to ignite them to full strength and power!
For one to be truly free, the pilot light needs to be extinguished and remain that way . . . .for life.
AND to live in denial of food addiction's power is to remain its prisoner, or worse yet, the path right back to captivity.
Choose the easy way and keep the pilot light extinguished at all times.
Quoted from:
http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/inspiration-extinguish-the-pilot-light-part-2.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DiseaseProof+%28Disease+Proof%29

I agree with this completely. I've had moments when I know clearly that I'm 'cheating'. And I think to myself that I can always quickly go back to my 'abstinence'. No, not true. Once you've received the miraculous help to stay away from your food addictions, you better not go back... in fact, don't even look back, or think about 'back'. Just move forward. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment