Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm so imperfect...

... and that's OK : )
I haven't written in a while, and I feel like there's a lot I want to  share about the lessons I'm learning while doing the 21 day Raw Food Challenge.





Everything was going well. I was eating 100% raw, feeling great, being at peace with myself and being very thankful that Heavenly Father was helping me do what I have tried so many times (on my own) and had never been able to accomplish. For 8 days straight I ate a raw diet, it didn't feel like it was hard at all to choose raw foods, and I wasn't feeling deprived. This is nothing short of a miracle in my life. I felt like Peter - walking on water, doing the impossible.
And then something happened. Like Peter (when he saw Jesus walking on water and then asked Him to bid him to come) I was focused on spiritual things. But then, Peter took his eyes off the Savior. He changed his focus  towards wind, waves, the fact that what he was doing was unprecedent, who knows... and he started to sink.
I somehow took my eyes off of my Savior too and lost the miracle that was happening in my life. I remember thinking: this is pretty impossible! How the heck am I being able to eat only raw?  And see, I am not able to eat only raw, He makes me able to eat only raw.
Also, my husband went on a short trip  and staying at home alone with our two children gives me anxiety. Since I'm an emotional eater I numb my anxiety with food - and cooked food does a much better job at numbing than raw food. I was foolish and thought: I can eat some cooked food and then go straight back to eating all raw. But no, that's not true (for me). I had the Lord's help and I took it lightly. After eating cooked food I wasn't able to go back to 100% raw for several days...

So, lesson #1: recognize that I can't, but He can. And acknowledge His power in all I am able to accomplish/do.
Lesson #2: keep the focus on spiritual things, putting prayer and scripture reading as a priority.
Lesson #3: never "throw" the Savior's help out the window thinking I can easily get it again as soon as I decide to turn to Him again.

I'm learning, we're all learning. And I guess that's how it's supposed to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment