Saturday, July 23, 2011

My little boy


For Mother's Day I got a little poem and my boy's hand-print. I like the poem so much that I want to share it here:
"SOmetimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small,
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown up some day,
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small."
May 2011

I love my little Tiago  so so much. He does know how to push my buttons though. Sometimes I get impatient and even upset at him. He bites, scratches, screams, is defiant, doesn't take long naps : ), he has destroyed a few books, and broken a few other things (including our entertainment center door, and one of my necklaces). Tiago is very strong willed and enjoys doing what HE likes doing... So, at times I get frustrated. I'm not sure how to discipline him and help him understand that he needs to listen to what I say. I know that I don't want to spank him, and I certainly don't want to yell at him either - I have lost it a few times and yelled at my children and I felt the Spirit immediately living our home.
So this poem is a good reminder that he will grow up and his little hands won't always be little. Again, I love Tiago so so much. Tiago sometimes looks at me with a certain smile that makes me feel like he's almost 'flirting' with me. He likes giving really tight hugs - that melt my heart, and he and Gabi are the happiest little children I know. They giggle and laugh ALL the time.

If I get hurt or if one of them hurts me (ex. bites me) they immediately ask: You OK? You OK?
Anyway, I thanks Heavenly Father everyday for "giving" me such beautiful children. They are a ginormous blessing in my life.
Gabi and Tiago - I will always love you, and I will always be your Mama - no matter what you do, or what happens in life.
com amor
Ninhas

No comments:

Post a Comment